Our client, a leading supplier of workwear and safety products have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Planner to join their fast-growing supply chain department.
As Supply Chain Planner you will identify slow-moving stock, monitor sales and manage stock reduction ensuring the company’s stock levels are well maintained, avoiding either an undersupplied or excess level of stock.
You must be self-motivated and results orientated with the ability to operate within a highly pressurised environment, consistently delivering results and meeting objectives by set deadlines within the agreed parameters.
The successful candidate may be required to travel internationally, including Europe & Asia
The Inventory and Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for:
• Reduce stock levels by more than £500,000 in the first 12 months
• Manage the inbound inventory to increase stock turns to a minimum of 4 in 12 months
• Improve and maintain the availability of core stock product to 99% whilst not increasing stock.
• Conduct analysis to identify areas for improvement and provide recommendations to management
• Support data quality improvements across the operation
• Proactive engagement and collaboration with key stakeholders, to review and refine the supply chain as business needs evolve
• Provide accurate and insightful analysis in response to ad-hoc reporting and data analysis requests
• Identify slow moving stock in time to allow sales to sell.
The ideal Inventory and Supply Chain Planner will have:
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience in Distribution requirements planning (DRP) & Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
• Experience working with large volumes of data/documents
• Ability to translate business requirements into clear and concise reports and visualisations
• Strong end to end Supply Chain experience, awareness and understanding
• CIPS Qualification or similar would be an advantage
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to deliver and achieve results within demanding timescales
• Experience Sourcing Textiles and or Footwear from Asia (China, Pakistan & Bangladesh)
• Experience sourcing PPE & Workwear is preferable but a candidate with experience in retail garment experience would be considered.
• Be willing to travel to Asia
• Understanding of Supply Chain, Range and Stock Management
• Worked for a reasonably sized company with a turnover in excess of £15 million (£30 million plus would be preferable)
• Be able to present a sound case and reasoning to back it up, but be prepared to be flexible in a family business culture
• Strong administrative skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel)
• Experience in collating reports from various data sources.
• Relationship builder both internally and externally with strong influencing skills
• Experience of working in a fast-paced supply chain environment