The candidate will be responsible for the management of all Europe-based projects related to the development of new and existing products, including trialling, testing and certification, and to manage all technical documentation relating to certification including the creation and continuous maintenance of CE files. As resident expert in CE testing, certification and design; participation and assistance in CE product development and certification for other global markets will also be required.
1) To manage the development of new products based on existing fabrics, as directed by the Technical Manager and through liaison with sales teams and the customer base, ensuring high quality products and facilitating high product margins.
2) Achieve a situation where CE certification is maintained to the latest product standards (in advance of standard changes), and to oversee the switching of all current certification to the new PPE regulations efficiently.
3) To develop relationships with test houses and notified bodies to enable the efficient testing and certification of products, and to move towards taking part in CE committees to influence standard development in favour of company products and policies.
4) Contribute to sales growth by adapting new product ideas into certified products to be sold in Europe and other markets in both a time and cost effective manner.
5) To develop a detailed, thorough working knowledge of the CE certification process and standards relevant to the company in order to continue justification of their position as experts in the field.
1) Maintain a detailed awareness of future and current CE standard developments and changes to ensure all product development and certification is maintained to the most recent standard versions.
2) Develop, manage, improve and maintain all required CE technical files effectively and see that test results are posted to the appropriate software for easy access by approved company personnel globally.
3) To manage under the guidance of the Technical Manager throughout the entire process of product development including :
a. Liaising with the Technical Manager, Sales Managers, Sales Representatives and customers (both distributor and end user) to identify specific user needs, collect and assess related product development ideas and solutions.
b. Make contributions to the development of suitable marketing and plans for new product developments.
c. Collaborate with contact(s) at the relevant manufacturing unit in order to enable effective prototype solutions for trialling.
d. Managing and arranging product solution prototype trials with end-user customers where appropriate.
4) Work in cooperatively with other members of the global product development team as necessary.
5) Manage CE Certification Assistant
6) To work in consultation on CE and other development projects within the company that may benefit from these specific skill sets.
7) To set up and operate a basic, documented Quality Control system of testing and spot-checking of incoming products to the Europe warehouse
1) Good level of basic abilities including English and maths along with an effective ability to use Microsoft software, project management software and Customer management software
2) Good knowledge of CE certification process and standards relating to industrial protective clothing
3) Good knowledge and experience of PPE, specifically the sale and use of industrial protective clothing for protection against chemicals, flame and heat
4) Good writing skills
5) Some knowledge of woven and nonwoven fabrics
1) Will work out of the UK Office
2) Must be capable of representing the company effectively
3) International travel to the U.S., China, and Mexico may be required.
4) Weekend travel may be required.
5) Travel by air, sea and land will be required.
6) Good interpersonal skills
7) Organisational and project management skills with an ability to drive projects through in a methodical and structured, yet imaginative way.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience and knowledge of the final candidate.
For more information or to apply for the role, contact email@example.com